Friday, April 11, 2008

Called up to the Big Leagues

Good news. 51 weeks and 19 blogs after Being in Therapy started I got a lucky call from the Bigs - as far as the psychology mass-market goes. I submitted a pitch to Psychology Today to write this blog for their site, and their editor gave me the green light last week. So, I'm packing my bags at Blogger and pitching my tent at PT. With any luck, I'll use the opportunity to write consistently, get my book proposal together and move on toward publication in due time.

This blog played a big role. As part of my proposal, I sent a link to BIT and based on these writings they invited me into the fold. I'm grateful for this space, the readers and the comments (the ones that weren't solicitations). It's ironic that the week I decided to add consistency and structure to this blog, I was invited to PT. Ironic? Providential? The power of positive thinking? I don't have a clue. I'm just happy it happened.

So come on over and take a look. I have every intention of continuing my quest of empowering clients to get the most out of therapy. Just more frequently, to a larger audience.

Thanks for everything. Come pay me a visit.

Sincerely,

The Insighter

9 comments:

therapydoc said...

congrats!

Andrea K. Baum, M.Ed., LPC said...

amazing!

ShaunRml said...

This is awesome! It's so good that you got a call for therapy from "the Bigs"! Congrats!

CatCat said...

Congratulations. But still I'm hoping for an update here in your blog, eh. God speed!

Cheers,
Cathy@What Nurses Could Do to Co-Workers in Preventing Workplace Violence

Unknown said...

Very good, congrats!

Unknown said...

I've read from this site that if you suffer from depression, anxiety, phobia, panic attacks, or some other form of psychological disorder, your best bet for treatment is cognitive behavioral therapy.

Rishi said...

Dr. Taji Huang, PhD., is a licensed psychologist and therapist in West Los Angeles. Dr. Huang offers numerous types of therapy to patients. She received her Bachelors Degree from Kean University in psychology and her Masters Degree in clinical psychology from Francis Marion University in Florence, South Carolina. She also holds a PhD from West Virginia University in counseling psychology and specializes in severe & persistent mental illness. She has been trained in cognitive therapy for suicidal patients, evidenced based treatment for child trauma, dialectical behavior therapy for borderline personality disorder, and cognitive behavioral therapy & evidenced based treatment.
therapist west los angeles

Unknown said...

Very nice posting, keep up the good work. www.Loringtherapy.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for shearing this post. you did a hard work in this post. it is brilliant. I am also a part of the Psychotherapy South Croydon