Monday, March 24, 2008

New Project

I'm taking on a project. I'd like to write a book helping clients get the most out of therapy. It will cover the same areas I've written about in this blog, and much more.

Understanding my own needs to stay motivated and make this a managable project, I'm going to attempt to write the draft here, in 52 (or so) weekly installments. Below I have a list of proposed topics; areas I've found important for a healthy, productive course of therapy. I plan to tackle one each week.

If there are any readers out there, please take a look at the list and let me know if there's anything you'd add or subtract. I'd appreciate it! Then, starting next week, I get rolling on this book.

Here's my proposed outline -

Intro: Keys to being in therapy

Preparation
Authenticity
Relationship
Risk

52 Chapters

Before Getting Started
Beginnings
Rules
Roles
Attitude
Resistance
Transference
Money
Symptoms
Resources
Liabilities
Core Issues
Family of Origin
Mom
Dad
Siblings
Friends
Lovers
Family of Choice
Self
Role Models
Heroes
Intimacy
Solitude
Creativity
Adaptability
Ritual
Habit
Organization
Affiliation
Communication
Authority
Motivation
Worst Day
Best Day
Regrets
Accomplishments
Body
Mind
Spirit
Soul
Emotions
Sad
Mad
Glad
Afraid
Love
Sex
Daydreams
Fantasies
Dreams
Endings

No comments: